Saturday, July 03, 2010

Fellow

I've begun my cardiology fellowship. Though my efforts here may not reach their former level, in many ways, this is a beginning anew of the residency process. I am again at the base of a long totem pole, with vast amounts of learning to acquire. Hence, I feel the need to write again.

The first day wasn't terrible. However I did send one patient to the ICU, made two big mistakes while running a treadmill test, and received instruction in no uncertain terms regarding my deficiency there.

Just like being an intern.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First
Comment!
It
Is
So
So
SO
Good
To
Have
You
Back.
(Long
Time
Reader,
First
Time
Commenting).

marshwiggle said...

Glad to see you writing again - best of luck in your fellowship!

Dragonfly said...

It never stops does it? All the best.

medstudentitis said...

where did you go?

Anonymous said...

So very glad to have you blogging again.
The way you communicate the stories of your medical experience give me food for thought and challenge me to pray about my perspective on everyday life.
I hark back to a line from one of your previous posts.... I want to leave more than my china when I'm gone. (I've of course paraphrased this).
I'm eager to read more.

Unknown said...

Not sure if you still check this, but... Come back! :) I miss reading your posts. There must be interesting stories left to tell through the exhaustion.

Unknown said...

I don't know if you still check this, but... Come back! :) I miss reading your posts. There must still be interesting stories to tell despite the exhaustion.

scrubs said...

missed ya ... and good luck with your fellowship ...